The Parish Nurse is Elaine Harley, RN, BSN. She lives in Yachats and is a member of the church. The nurse can visit you at the church or in your home to help you with:
- Understanding and using your medications
- Foot and nail care
- Managing a long term illness or disease (like high lood pressure or diabetes)
- General health information to help you feel your best
- Hold educational workshops
- Patient/client advocate
- Information of other services you might need or want: Personal care, Homemaker Services, Transportation, Home Delivered Meals, Other Volunteer Help
We support each other in prayer through the prayer chain. You may choose your preferred method of contact - email or telephone. Please contact the church office (547-3400) if you would like to participate or request prayer.
Sea Aire Visitation Team
Contact the church office (547-3400) if you would like to be involved in this rewarding ministry with the residents of this assisted living community.
Beginning January 1, 2009, the congregation will continue in ecumenical partnership with other churches and the community by using "My Special Mission Offering" envelopes. This allows each member to designate which mission they want to support and give as often as they can. These Special Missions include:
- South Lincoln Resources
- Our sister church La Iglesia Presbiteriana-Reformada en Santa Clara, Cuba
- Partnership with Yachats Youth and Family Activities Program (YYFAP)
- Good Shepherd Hospital, Congo
- Lincoln County Food Share (Yachats and Waldport)
- Our Deacons' Discretionary Fund
- Ecumenical support of Habitat for Humanity
- Ecumenical support of the Souper Bowl
- Community Voucher Fund to Assist the Needy
South Lincoln Resources
South Lincoln Resources serves the needy of Tidewater, Five Rivers, Seal Rock, Waldport, Yachats and Ted Mile. YCPC participates by donating Furniture and Appliances, Medical Equipment, Holiday Food Baskets, and participates in the Community Voucher Fund.
Partnership with Yachats Youth
Yachats Youth and Family Activities Program (YYFAP) activities include quarterly dinners in the Fellowship Hall with the youth, their families and church members. Support for the YYFAP's Helping Hands project and the creation of a Yachats Food Pantry. YCPC assistances in providing donated perishable food and a food barrel for non-perishable food items.
Community Voucher Fund
The vouchers issued by YCPC have helped to provide emergency assistance with utilities, rent, prescriptions, and gas.
Join the movement that is transforming Super Bowl weekend into the nation's largest youth-led weekend of giving and serving.
Souper Bowl of Caring equips and mobilizes congregations, schools and businesses to positively impact their communities by collecting money or food on or near Super Bowl weekend. 100% of the collections are donated directly to the charity of each group's choice.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
Our congregation also gives when needed to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, which works ecumenically around the globe through Church World Service.
Heifer International's mission of ending world hunger and poverty and caring for the earth is being achieved through a holistic approach to build sustainable communities. YCPC has contributed monies from the loose change placed in the offering plate.