Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of Yachats Community Presbyterian Church is to reflect God's love to all and to be a welcoming, Come-As-You-Are, Christ-centered community church, open to everyone to worship God and hear a Christian message of love, hope, compassion and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We strive to be living examples of Christ through service in our local communities and global ministries.
Our vision is to be a growing and resilient, Christ-centered church for a diverse congregation made up of people from different backgrounds and various church denominations and for those who may simply value a sense of community and personal spirituality. Our goal is to be a caring and tolerant Christian church community with an ongoing visioning/discernment process that continues to guide us toward where God is calling us as a congregation and as individuals.
Our Core Values
- Yachats Community Presbyterian Church is a welcoming, Come-As-You-Are (being accepting and non-judgmental of all: age, race, gender, sexual orientation and appearance), Christ-centered community church, open to everyone to worship God and hear a Christian message of love, hope, compassion, and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We strive for respect and unity of spirit among a congregation with diverse denominational backgrounds.
- We participate in a caring Christian community that shares a belief in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, along with Christian concern, compassion, and caring support for individuals and families, particularly those in poor health or in personal distress within the congregation and local community.
- We seek to understand who our neighbor is and participate in Christian outreach and mission service, so as to be living examples of Jesus Christ within our local community and the world.
- We value a variety of music that is meaningful in the congregation's worship service, encouraging members and friends of the church to participate. Musical programs outside of worship add to the enjoyment of our church and community.
- We value Bible and theological study that strengthens our relationship in Christ.
- We show personal gratitude to God through stewardship of our time, talent and financial resources.
- We value Christian messages preached from a Biblical perspective that are interesting, informative, encouraging and challenging.